Here’s a snapshot of my current office desktop:
So, what’s on it?
- Microsoft Surface Pro 128GB – My main work machine. I’m a big fan of this- I can use it like a desktop when I’m at my desk but then pick it up and go to a meeting room or datacentre and still have all my applications and data at my fingertips.
- Targus USB 3.0 Dual Video Docking Station – this provides wired LAN connectivity and the dual displays, converting the Surface (or any other USB3 enabled PC) into a desktop machine when I’m sat here.
- Red Hat Linux Networking and System Administration -this is just the right size for raising the Surface up 🙂
- 1 Dell Professional P2312H 23 inch Monitor and 1 Dell Professional P2412H 24 inch Monitor complete with soundbars
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse
- 1 Can Diet Coke – Essential. Replacements under the desk.
- McAfee Post-It notes -The brand isn’t particularly important, but they gave away the biggest stack at the trade show.
- Moleskine notebook. Despite the stylus on the Surface and the improvements in tablet technology I’m yet to be weaned from dead tree and pen.
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse – I liked this, and I’m looking forward to trying the Surface version when it’s released next year